Trick or Treatie for my sweeties



Some years, I've got this costume thing all wrapped up. By mid summer, I know what the kids are going to be and start preparing for it. Some years......well.... I call those the "off years." And 2009 is certainly shaping up to be an off year. lol I took the kids two weeks ago down to the party store to pick out a costume. Granted, this ended up being a fun trip, with
even Daddy involved. Ty was pretty certain before we got there that he wanted to be a ninja. His was easy enough to find and check off the list. At first, Chandler wanted to be a gorilla, and sure enough, there was a gorilla costume there. It only took one try on of the huge furry mask for his claustrophobia to help him choose another costume. Kaleb......oh Kaleb..... is at that age. The one were costumes are dorky if they are ones your mom suggests. He ended up choosing a freaky scary court jester, of which I didn't allow him to wear the mask to the church fall festival. He did get to keep the creepy skulls hanging all off of the head covering. (What do skulls have to do with Jesters??)Ramsi Kate was my only homemade costume. I saw a "shabby chic kitty" tutu on etsy, of which I promptly took myself down to Hobby Lobby and copied. It was easy as pie!We went to our church's fall festival, then out to do a little Trick or Treating in our old neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment